Today I met with such kind of incident which gives me a feeling that unless we change with the time, unless we scrap the old unwanted values which has no significance in modern world and unless we motivate and teach our next generation about the changing world, we can't progress.
Today I was standing at a bakery in Pune. Then two children, brother and sister came there with some money in their hand. The girl was around 7 years old and her brother was almost 5 years old. The girl asked for a dairy milk from the shopkeeper in Marathi. Then the boy almost screamed and told in Hindi "Mujhko bhi chahiye" (I too need Dairy Milk). As soon as that girl hear this, shouted over her brother "kya mujhko mujhko bol rha hai; Marathi bol!!!" (Why are you speaking Hindi, speak Marathi). I got shocked not because of she forced her bro to speak in Marathi but because of the fact that 7 years old girl was saying this. I know there was a movement by MNS for speaking in Marathi but I didn't know it has affected to the children innocent minds as well (directly or indirectly). Even the person who raised the issue, his own son is student of a English medium school.
From school days, we have always been taught that we are living in such a diversified country but still we are united. However,we are still not able to convert this theory in actual. Lots of incidents such as Babri demolition, Godhra riots etc. always gives feeling that we are united in diversified country only on papers. When people wanted fill up these gaps and try to forget these things, our 'great' politicians again make this gap only for their vote bank politics. Earlier, they used to do politics over caste reservation issues. Now they wanted to divide India on regional and language basis for their profit (Read more by clicking here).
This incident was shocking for me because I believed that Indian youth is changing. They now no longer believe in these kind of differences and give priority to national values. But probably we still need to grow up.
Now we should educate people so that they do not come under influence of such politicians. We should understand that we need to think as Indians not like marathi, rajasthani or bihari. Preserving our cultural values are not bad. However, it should not happen at the cost of national values. If we do not leave aside these narrow mindedness, we can't progress. We need to adapt those things which is important for India's progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment